If I can do something to give me an extra 15 minutes of sleep during the work week, I’m all about it. So for me, that means making my breakfast the night before work & bringing it with me to eat at my desk.
If you want to know more about how I live a healthy lifestyle while working a 9-5 job, listen to the Ask Abbey Podcast Episode #2!
I have a bunch of different recipes that I love, but I stick to some variation of these 5 on a consistent basis. They’re healthy, tasty af & keep me full.
Full disclosure: I never measure my ingredients. These are rough estimates, so play around until you get ratios that you like best!
1. Berry Banana Smoothie
*Optional: Protein Powder. Sometimes I add a plant-based protein powder, or I skip it & just eat a hard boiled egg (why do I love these so much). Either way, I have to do one of those two options for some protein because that smoothie won’t keep me full until lunch on its own.
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Frozen Berries (Mixed Berries are great, Wild Blueberries are a current fave of mine)
- 1 handful Spinach (You can’t taste it, promise!)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- Fill the rest of the blender cup up with Unsweetened Almond Milk or Water! I prefer Almond Milk to make the smoothie creamier
2. Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (depending on how thick you want it!)
- 1/2 cup Raspberries- I like to smash up half of the fruit so it’s mixed in with the oatmeal & then put the other half on top! Then you get way more of the raspberry flavor while you’re eating. Sooo yummy
- 1/2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3. PB & J Ezekiel Toast
*These measurements are for 1 slice of toast, I’ll either have 2 slices or 1 slice & bring a hard boiled egg too!
- 1 slice Ezekiel Toast
- 1 tbsp Natural, Unsweetened Nut Butter of choice (huge Peanut Butter girl here)
- 1/4 cup Raspberries & Blueberries (I literally just smash them up until they look like jam & spread on top of the toast)
4. Avo Ezekiel Toast
- 1 slice Ezekiel Toast
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, sliced horizontally into thin pieces to put on top of the toast
- Season with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, or some Pink Himalayan Salt, Cracked Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes!
5. Mixed Berry Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup Raspberries, Blackberries & Blueberries
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Top with a few sprinkles of your favorite healthy granola! (I love the Purely Elizabeth Original flavor)
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: