Aaaand I’m back with another “what I eat during the work week” post. This time: Snack Edition. Having a tasty, filling snack ready to go at work is an absolute must for me. Even if I’m not super hungry (lol this never really happens), I still like to eat something after lunch, because chances are high that I’ll end up feeling hungry during my workout and nobody has time for that.
A snack filled with a source of protein, fats and carbohydrates is going to help give you the energy you need to fuel your workout after a long day of work! If you’re expecting a lettuce + balsamic salad that you had for lunch to get you off your ass, you’re about to be seriously disappointed.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with this whole “healthy eating” thing & want some more tips, listen to the Ask Abbey Podcast Episode #3
Here are some of my faves!
1. RX Bar
I love these. They have tons of flavors to choose from, they actually taste good, they are made of REAL ingredients with no added sugar, and they are filling. I go for any flavor with chocolate in it because they have actual chunks of chocolate (huge heart eyes!!!). Chocolate Peanut Butter is my #1 love. Also, I just saw they apparently have a new chocolate cherry flavor coming out? Need more deets on this ASAP because drool.
2. Orange Banana Yogurt + Fruit
There’s SO many variations of this, but lately I always mix plain greek yogurt with unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt. The greek yogurt gives me the protein I need, and the Coconut Yogurt adds the sweetness & creaminess that is missing from the greek yogurt.
- 1 part Plain Greek Yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 part Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Yogurt (I use So Delicious)
- 1 Clementine
- 1/2 Banana
- Sprinkle some of your favorite healthy granola (I use Purely Elizabeth Original Flavor because no added artificial sugar!)
3. Sweet Potato Fries + Healthy Ranch + Hummus
If you get bored of raw veggies and hummus, this is such a fun twist. Just heat it up in the microwave at work and you have an amazing snack! You obviously don’t need to have both dipping sauces, but I love having the variety, and any excuse to have ranch I’m all about.
- Sweet Potato Slices
- Season with Garlic Seasoning, Pink Himalayan Salt, Chili Powder & Smoked Paprika
- Hummus of choice (I either use a garlic hummus OR I add Sriracha to plain hummus- so good)
- Healthy Ranch- I just make mine with plain greek yogurt + your classic ranch seasonings (garlic, dill, onion, etc.). HERE’S a good recipe for that
4. Chocolate Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding
I love this option because it’s so easy to throw together! Just make it the night before work, let it sit in the fridge overnight to thicken up, and you’re good to go.
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Raspberries- Mash these up & mix in with the mixture you will not regret it sooo good
- Top with:
- Cacao Nibs
- Fresh Raspberries
5. Apple + Healthy Fruit Dip
You can easily make a healthy version of fruit dip by mixing together a little bit of peanut butter with coconut yogurt. This makes it sooo creamy & sweet, but it also has less calories than if you were to just eat your fruit with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter!
- Apple slices
- Fruit Dip:
- 1 part Nut Butter
- 3 parts Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- Fun extras: Cacao Nibs, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, drizzle of Honey
Alright well now that I just made myself ravenous writing this, it’s time to go make one of these amazing snacks for myself! Which one are you most excited to try?
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: