My hair took a serioussss hit when I moved out of my parent’s house & into the city. I’m talking major hard water damage. I’ve always had hair that grows long quickly, but it was starting to look flat, broken & scraggly af (gross). Here are the products I’ve been using to bring it back to life (with a few different options in each category- see what works best for you!)
If you want to hear me chat more in depth about this topic so you can get even more tips & tricks, listen to the Ask Abbey Podcast Episode #16.
Pureology Shampoo & Conditioner
I used to stick up my nose to high quality shampoo & conditioner because I felt like it was unnecessary. That was until I tried this brand & realized it was saving my hair! If you invest in one high quality haircare product, it should be your shampoo & conditioner. Here are some of the Pureology lines I’ve tried & love:
They also have other lines, so check out all the options & decide based on your hair needs!
Multi Purpose Leave-In Spray
I can’t brush my hair after a shower without going in with a spray first. I like to use a spray that covers all the bases: heat protection, detangling, moisturizing, strengthening, etc. etc. etc.
- Pureology Strength Cure Best Blonde Miracle Filler Treatment
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier
- Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray
I don’t use a hair oil every time I wash my hair, but if my ends need some attention I love to use them! I just take a dime sized amount & distribute it at the ends of my hair. This helps give my hair some extra juicy hydration & creates shine!
- Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment
- Tarte Maracuja Oil (this is actually an oil I use for my face but it’s also great for hair as well! Multi purpose product, aaaamazing right?)
YAY for inexpensive finds! I recently started using these products and they are game changers for me. They both technically are meant to be leave in products that help you eliminate conditioner in the shower, but I’m not interested in that life. Conditioner is a must. I use this for extra oomph post shower & again, distribute through my ends as a leave in product. Another way I love to use the mist is when I haven’t washed my hair in a few days. My ends start to lose some life in the moisture department, so I’ll spray that mist on my dry ends before bed & I wake up to it looking alive again. LOVE! Huge win.
To be honest I’m undecided on how necessary a more expensive dry shampoo is (I can go through a bottle pretty quickly). Don’t get me wrong, I do really love the Living Proof Dry Shampoo, but I also love the OGX one & it’s less than half the price. So if you have the extra $, go for it, if not, the cheaper option works great for me too.
All the styling tools I use & swear by:
- Regular Brush: Wet Brush Pro Shine Enhancer Detangle Brush
- Specifically this kind! It has boar bristles mixed with their regular bristles so it’s an even softer brushing experience with less breakage. If you’re a fan of the original Wet Brush, you’re going to love this one.
- Round Brush: Kristin Ess Round Brush
- Have you ever tried to round brush your hair & strands get stuck in the barrel and snag out? That’s exactly what you don’t have to worry about with this one! The bristles are super soft.
- Budget-Friendly Blow Dryer: Conair InfitiPro Blow Dryer
- This is an OG love for me. The air flow strength packs a serious punch. I’d still be using it if I didn’t receive the dryer below as a gift.
- Splurge-Worthy Blow Dryer: Bio Ionic Blow Dryer
- Not necessary, but if you’re in the market… she’s a gem. It cuts my blow dry time almost in half.
- Curling Iron: Hot Tools Gold Plated Curling Iron
- Gold plated tools can be more damaging so beware, but they also work 100x better on my hair in terms of holding a curl. I only curl my hair 1x a week at max, so I’m ok with it to get the look and staying power I want!
Yay for good hair days to come! Have you tried any of these products? Am I missing any that are crucial for you?
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: