We are officially on the last post of “what I eat during the work week” series and I saved the best for last. Dessert!!!!!! I’m already hungry so we’re off to a great start.
It’s a rare night for me if I’m not having some sort of dessert after dinner. I love coming up with healthy recipes for some of my favorite unhealthy treats.
Get a list of my 6 favorite healthy ingredient swaps from this blog post!
And peak into my pantry if you really want to know all the healthy foods I eat:
Here are my absolute faves:
1. Frozen Fruit Cereal
I loveee cereal (literally ate cereal and toast for dinner for 2 year straight in high school I think). Most cereals are loaded with sugar & other BS, so finding a healthy substitute that I actually liked better was a miracle.
- Frozen Fruit of choice (Mixed Berries and Wild Blueberries are my current faves)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Healthy Granola of choice (Purely Elizabeth Original is my go to- no refined sugars!)
- Extras: Cacao Nibs, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, Chopped Nuts
2. Stovetop Popcorn
You might not consider this “dessert,” but it is seriously one of my favorite things on earth. I love any snack that’s crunchy + salty, so if I can make a healthy version of that I’m sold. I literally used to stand over a pot and hover the lid over the top to let air flow work its magic & that works JUST FINE. But if you happen to have a Whirly Pop (S/O to my bf for feeling embarrassed for me & buying me this), even better.
- Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Seasonings Ideas:
- Original: Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cheesy: Pink Himalayan Salt, Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Salt: Pink Himalayan Salt, Garlic Powder
- Chili Garlic: Pink Himalayan Salt, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder
- Sweet + Salty: Pink Himalayan Salt, Mini Chocolate Chips
3. Date Bites
I think I need to do a whole post on these because I have a lot of flavor combinations of this that are insanely amazing. This is my Chocolate Hazelnut version & it’s pure heaven.
Just throw everything into a food processor or blender & give it a quick few blends until the consistency is thick & gooey. The key is to be able to roll them into balls that stick together, so make sure the mixture isn’t liquidy! This recipe makes 6 bites:
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 2-3 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
We’ve all seen “nice cream” recipes online, but most I’ve seen are pretty bland, TBH. One frozen banana in a blender? I’ll pass. I threw in some of my favorite healthy ingredients to make a Chocolate PB Banana version & it’s tasty af. It will be your go to this summer! This makes 2 servings:
- 2-3 Frozen Bananas
- Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk (Full Fat Coconut Milk will make it suuuper creamy. Start with 1 tbsp at a time, and add more as needed to get to your desired consistency)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Maca Powder
- Top with Cacao Nibs, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, and/or a dash of Cinnamon
5. Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Andddd it’s time for some baked goods in our life, ya? I typically go for one of the options above during the week because it’s a lot quicker for me to throw together, but sometimes I just need some dang brownies. After I mince the sweet potatoes, I just throw everything in a bowl & mix it together. (Anyone who bakes is probably cringing hard at that, but it works & I need the quickest option, so we’re fine, it’s fine.) Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees!
- 1 cup uncooked Sweet Potato (mince in food processor or blender)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or just 1/2 cup PB in total if you don’t have Almond Butter)
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 heaped tbsp Coconut Oil (slightly melted, to a butter-like consistency)
- 1.5 tbsp Gelatin
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Naughty Extras: Chocolate Chunks, Caramel Chips (this is a new thing I just learned & wow I wish I didn’t)
YUM, right? Which recipe are you going to test out first?!
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: