This one goes out to all my homies who are just trying to survive the work week by enjoying a glass of wine (or 6) on the weekends & not feel like they’re walking back into the office looking/feeling like Lindsay Lohan circa 2007.
You guys know I am all about living a healthy lifestyle in a balanced, realistic way. For me, balance includes WINE! Who doesn’t love a nice glass of cabernet sauvignon with a #phat plate of carbs in the winter? Pretty sure that scenario makes the cut for one of the top 20 most amazing things on earth.
If you want to know more about how I balance healthy eating with not so healthy eating, listen to the Ask Abbey Podcast Episode #3.
What does NOT make the cut for that top 20 list is having a two day hangover that is still going strong when you sit down at your desk at 8 AM Monday morning. If you’re under the age of 23 & rolling your eyes (I’m jealous of you)- just wait sweetie. This is a real dilemma.
When I tried to research hangover remedies in the past, essentially all I saw was “drink water!” and “eat before you drink!” This wasn’t cutting it for me. So I took matters into my own hands and I now have a specific & natural anti-hangover routine that will save your life.
(PS: My boyfriend now asks me for my “hangover pills.” He couldn’t care less about natural remedies, so that’s when you know it’s the real deal!!!)
If you read my post about all the vitamins I take, you know I’m not afraid of loading up on different kinds of vitamins to get as many benefits as possible. When it comes to hangovers, there’s 3 in particular that are a must for me:
- Multi Vitamin. I’ve actually read that heavy drinking can be correlated with vitamin deficiencies. I don’t know much on the science behind this, but I do know that introducing a multi vitamin has made my hangovers 100x better.
- Milk Thistle. This is technically an herb/plant/flower/idkwhocares that you can find in capsule form at your drugstore. It’s a natural remedy for liver support (i.e. detoxifying your liver post mimosa brunch that “accidentally” turned into an all day drinking event).
- Fish Oil + Turmeric. Drinking a lot of alcohol dehydrates the crap out of our bodies & leads to inflammation. Helloooo pounding headaches! Especially if we’re pairing alcohol with unhealthy food choices (it happens), we want all the help we can get in the inflammation department! Both fish oil & turmeric are known to have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
Hangover Drink Concoction
Ditch the coffee. I know, I know this one hurts my soul too. But I find that if I’m battling a severe hangover, coffee just makes it worse. I get jittery & it doesn’t do anything to help my situation. Instead, I drink this little hangover concoction:
- Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- Sprinkle: Cinnamon or Cayenne Pepper if you’re feeling adventurous
Sounds disgusting, right? I mean it doesn’t taste GOOD I’ll tell you that. But it definitely helps my hangovers. ACV has a ton of claimed health benefits, and I won’t list those out here because I’m not sure how accurate they all are, tbh. BUT ACV is a natural anti-bacterial, so if you find that you get sick easily after drinking, this is a great little shield of armor to help prevent that. It also helps regulate digestion, so if you have an upset stomach after drinking, this is a huge win.
The Magic Potion
Ok guys… this tip is not going to be for everyone because I know not everyone is interested in using CBD Oil. If you don’t know what CBD Oil is, it’s extracted from a cannabis plant, but doesn’t include THC. In short, if you’re skeptical, it’s not marijuana.
CBD is like ACV in that it has a tonnnn of claimed health benefits. It’s supposed to be a great natural remedy for people suffering from anxiety. Even though I don’t experience anxiety anymore like I used to, drinking can definitely trigger some anxious jitters for me. If I went a little overboard on the vodka sodas the night before, my heart will race a little bit & I’ll feel shaky in the AM.
I had a genius thought one day… if CBD Oil is supposed to help you relax before bedtime, why not try it to help me relax after a night out? It has SAVED me. It completely gets rid of my hangover jitters. A true magic potion. This is the brand I use & love. Don’t knock it till you try it.
Now go enjoy your post work week wine & test out these tips! Thank me later. And don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on my next post!
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: