If cleaning your makeup brushes is not currently on your monthly to-do list, it needs to be. Letting old makeup gunk up on your brushes for long periods of time not only ruins your brushes, but it’s also a breakout waiting to happen.
And don’t even get me started on beauty blenders & sponges- these things should be cleaned weekly to protect our skin from that bacteria fest.
Cleaning your makeup tools doesn’t have to be such a pain, and the cleanser I use is under $3 (and it’s not even technically a brush cleanser)- baby shampoo! I use Target’s Up & Up baby shampoo, but literally any baby shampoo will do. I like using baby shampoo because I know it’s gentle & I don’t need to worry about it ruining the bristles of my brushes. Here’s how you do it:
1. Squeeze a generous amount of baby shampoo onto the head of your brush (or directly onto your beauty sponge)
2. Using warm water, swirl the brush into the palm of your clean hand
**Keep your brush head facing down so water doesn’t get trapped inside the handle. This can loosen the glue that binds the handle together & break your brush.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until the water runs clear. If the water is still a little murky with color, your brush isn’t fully clean yet!
4. Lay your brushes out to dry by keeping them flat on a towel
**Again, don’t set them upright while they’re drying, or water can drip into the handle.
5. Leave your brushes on the towel to dry overnight. In the morning, they will look a little stiff- don’t worry. Just rub the bristles into your hand & it will fluff back up like it’s brand new!
And that’s literally it… easiest thing ever, right? Now go get to cleaning ASAP because I know it’s been too long since you have!
Can’t wait for more health, fitness & beauty content? I got you:
WORKOUT WITH ME:
WATCH MY LATEST YOUTUBE VID:
LISTEN TO MY LATEST PODCAST EPISODE:
MAKE YOUR PHOTOS INSTA WORTHY WITH MY $5 PRESETS: